- Waterbased: Low odour, easy cleaning, quick drying.
- Hardwearing & Washable: Can be used in passages, offices and public buildings.
- Low VOC: Reduces the odour associated with painting indoors.
- Economical: Good adhesion.
- Can be tinted to specific colour requirements.
- 100% lead free
- Suitable for interior and exterior application to correctly primed metal and wooden surfaces, interior and exterior cement plaster and unglazed bricks.
Mixing: Stir before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
Method: Roller, brush or airless spray.
Thinning: Not recommended.
Cleaning: Tap water. Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10: 00 and 16: 00.
- Ideally apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point.
- If possible away from direct sunlight.
Touch dry - 30 minutes.
Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
4 hours at 23°C.
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting. Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
Exterior cement plaster and fibre cement:
- One coat Prominent Dampcure or Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Wall and Ceiling.
Interior cement plaster:
- One coat Prominent Dampcure or Plaster Primer or Select Plaster Primer or Select Wall and Ceiling.
- One coat Prominent Wood Primer.
- Degrease, etch and clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:5) and scouring pad to remove any oily layer or rust and rinse thoroughly with running water and allow drying. Apply one coat Prominent Rust Primer.
- Degrease, etch and clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:5) and scouring pad to remove any oily layer, oxidation, or rust and rinse thoroughly with running water. Apply one coat Prominent Rust Primer.
Gypsum plaster or ceiling boards:
- One coat Prominent Dampcure or Plaster Primer or Select Plaster Primer.
- Sand well, clean and apply Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Trade Universal Undercoat.
- Clean well and apply directly.
- Wire brush/high-pressure water jet and apply one coat Prominent Dampcure or Prominent Surface Restorer or Plaster Primer or Select Plaster Primer.
Poor condition surfaces:
- Strip down and treat as new work.
- The low VOC compliance is applicable on white and pastel tinting base.
- Cannot be used directly on rhinolite, asbestos, gypsum plaster.
- Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions.
- Cannot be used for bridging hairline cracks or for use in areas prone to high humidity.
- Spot touching up over large areas will be noticeable.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Do not smoke while painting.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- If the surface to be painted is asbestos then the preparation, cleaning and/or removal of broken asbestos sheeting needs to be done in compliance to the Asbestos Regulations, 2001 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993. (ACT NO 85 of 1993). Contact Prominent Paint Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 4746 if a copy of the Asbestos Regulations is required.
- The tint base containers are only filled to levels which are specific for each tint base to allow the calculated volume of colourant to be added in order to achieve the volume indicated on the container after tinting.
- Tint bases and colourants are unfinished products which should not be used on their own.
- Only once the prescribed colourant is added to the specific tint base will the finished product comply with the technical features and related information as set out in this TDS.
Colourant to be used:
Prominent colourants are 100% Lead Free specifically formulated for use with Prominent Pro-Matic tinting system. ICC colourant which are 100% lead free, using only Prominent supported formulations on Largo 2000.
Clear Tint Base.