- Water based
- Quick drying
- Low odour
- Good obliteration at low cost
- Good over coating properties for an economical primer.
- An economical primer for new interior or exterior cement plaster surfaces.
- Low cost finishing coat for interior ceiling boards.
- Mixing: Stir well before use with a flat paddle to a homogenous consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller and brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended but 10% maximum with clean water if necessary.
- Cleaning: Tap water. Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Surface Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Ambient Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative Humidity between 10% and 85%.
- Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2ºC above dew point and if possible away from direct sunlight.
30 minutes @ 23°C. Recoating time:
4 hours at 23°C. Full cure:
7 – 21 day depending on weather conditions. Note:
higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase) whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying times (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease. Requirements:
1 Coat as a primer & 2 coats as a finishing coat on interior ceiling boards.
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting. Newly applied plaster need to be left for 21 days or 1 week for every 5mm thickness of plaster. Undesirable weather conditions e.g. cold or wet weather conditions will result in extended curing period.
Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
Exterior cement plaster:
Interior cement plaster:
It is advisable to test the compatibility of coatings when redecorating is involved, i.e. paint a small section and then check the adhesion after 24 hours by applying a strip of masking tape and attempting to rip the paint off.
Gloss Paint, Eggshell Enamel, sheen emulsion paint:
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse and allow to dry before applying one coat Prominent Select Universal Undercoat.
Matt emulsion paint:
- Sand to matt finish. Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and abrasive pad, rinse and allow drying before applying directly.
Chalky and powdery surfaces:
- High-pressure water jet cleaning or clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse with water and allow to dry then apply one coat Prominent Select Bonding Liquid.
Poor condition surfaces, i.e. excessive peeling:
- Strip down and treat as per new work.
- Not to be used directly on rhinolite, fibre cement or metal surfaces.
- Can only be applied under specified conditions.
- To ensure a consistent colour appearance, ensure that batch numbers on all the containers are the same. Where the batch numbers differ, intermix before use.
- Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions, e.g. bathrooms and kitchens.
- Prominent Access Acrylic PVA should not be applied in areas where high scrub resistance is required and the application to heavy textured plaster is not recommended.
- Product cannot accommodate excessive movement, i.e. Hairline cracking or application onto flexible coatings like textured coats and waterproofing systems.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In the event where product came in contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Do not smoke while painting.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available from Prominent Paints Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- If the surface to be painted is asbestos then the preparation, cleaning and/or removal of broken asbestos sheeting needs to be done in compliance to the Asbestos Regulations, 2001 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993. (ACT NO 85 of 1993). Contact Prominent Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 4746 if a copy of the Asbestos Regulations is required.