- Waterbased: Easy to clean painter tools, low odour, non-toxic and quick drying.
- Low splatter: Easy mess free application.
- Smooth matt finish: Excellent coverage and hiding properties.
- Good washability: Resists formation of shiny patches when cleaning.
- Good adhesion: Can be applied to previously coated, sound surfaces.
- Good UV Resistant properties
- Non-yellowing: Unlike alkyd based paints, whites remain white.
- 100% lead free and low VOC:Reduces the odour associated with painting indoors.
- Final coat for walls & ceilings.
- Correctly prepared unglazed brick and cement plaster free of hairline cracks.
- Sound previously painted surfaces walls and celings.
- Correctly prepared gypsum plaster and fibre cement boards.
- Mixing: Stir well before use with a flat paddle to a homogenous consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller and brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended.
- Cleaning: Tap water. Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
Temperature between 5°C and 40°C. Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10:00 and 16:00. Ideally apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point. If possible away from direct sunlight.
Touch dry - 30 min at 23°C. Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
4 hours at 23°C.
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting. Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
- Exterior cement plaster: Prime with one coat Prominent Damp Cure or Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer.
- Interior cement plaster: Prime with one coat Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer or Prominent Wall Primer.
- Gypsum plaster/board: Prime with one coat Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer.
- Fibre cement: Prime with one coat Prominent Damp Cure or Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer.
It is advisable to test the compatibility of coatings when redecorating is involved, i.e. paint a small section and then check the adhesion after 24 hours by applying a strip of masking tape and attempting to rip the paint off.
- Gloss Paint or Eggshell Enamel: Sand to a matt finsh, clean with ProGold GP Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse and allow to dry before applying one coat Universal Undercoat or Trade Universal Undercoat.
- Sheen emultion paint: Sand to a matt finsh, clean with ProGold GP Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse and allow to dry before applying one coat Universal Undercoat or Trade Universal Undercoat.
- Powdery and chalky surfaces: High-pressure water jet cleaning on exterior surface or for interior surfaces clean with ProGold GP Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse with water and allow to dry then apply one coat Prominent Dampcure or Prominent Surface Restorer or Prominent Select Plaster Primer.
- Poor condition surfaces: Strip down and treat as new work.
- Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions.
- Product cannot accommodate excessive movement, i.e. Hairline cracking or application onto flexible coatings like textured coats and waterproofing systems can lead to mud cracking.
- Cannot be applied over poor quality undercoats or directly onto gypsum plaster.
- Cannot be used for bridging hairline cracks.
- Spot touching up over large areas will be noticeable.
- To ensure a consistent colour appearance, ensure that batch numbers on all the containers are the same. Where the batch numbers differ, intermix before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during application and drying process.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Do not smoke while painting.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- If the surface to be painted is asbestos then the preparation, cleaning and/or removal of broken asbestos sheeting needs to be done in compliance to the Asbestos Regulations, 2001 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993. (ACT NO 85 of 1993). Contact Prominent Paint Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 4746 if a copy of the Asbestos Regulations is required.