- Stir well before use with a flat paddle to a even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Roller (long woven pile), brush and spray 180bar, nozzle 523
- 10% water when used as a primer.
- Water. Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Surface Temperature: Min 5ºC or 2⁰C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight Max 35ºC
- Ambient Temperature: Min 2ºC Max 35ºC
- Relative Humidity: Min 10% Max 90%
- Touch dry: 20 minutes at 23ºC
- Overcoating: 4h at 23ºC
- Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10⁰C increase) whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying times (approximately doubled for every 10⁰C decrease).
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting. Newly applied plaster need to be left for 21 to 28 days or 1 week for every 5mm thickness of plaster. Undesirable weather conditions e.g. cold or wet weather conditions will results in extended curing period.
Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
Exterior Cement Plaster
Direct to substrate or 1 coat Prominent High Performance All Seasons dilute 10% with water.
Cement plaster with rising damp
- Provided the moisture is below 40% apply 1 coat Prominent Dampcure thinned 20% with Prominent Mineral Turpentine and one coat undiluted with 24 hours drying time between coats.
- Direct to substrate or 1 coat Prominent High Performance All Seasons dilute 10% with water.
- One coat One coat Prominent Damp Cure.
- Degrease with Prominent General Purpose Cleaner / water solution (1:10), scrub with abrasive pads. Apply 1 coat Prominent Ultra Prime.
- Nylon brush/high-pressure water jet the surface and apply 1 coat Prominent High Performance Alkali Resistant Sealer.
Cement plaster with rising damp
- Providing the moisture is below 40% apply 1 coat Prominent Dampcure thinned 20% with Prominent Mineral Turpentine and one coat undiluted with 24 hours drying time between coats.
Poor condition surfaces
- Remove to sound surface and treat as new.
Sound emulsion paint
- Clean down with Prominent General Purpose Cleaner and water mixture (1:10) with water and then rinse with clean water, allow drying. If sound apply direct
- Degrease with Prominent General Purpose Cleaner / water solution (1:10), scrub with abrasive pads and rinse with clean water. Apply 1 coat Prominent Ultra Prime
- To ensure a consistent colour appearance, ensure that all batch numbers on all containers are the same. Where the batch numbers on containers differ, intermix the content of the containers before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wear a suitable mask during sanding.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- Avoid contact with skin. If contact with skin occur, wash immediately with warm water and soap or recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Paints Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- The tint base containers are only filled to levels which are specific for each tint base to allow the calculated volume of colourant to be added in order to achieve the volume indicated on the container after tinting.
- Tint bases and colourants are unfinished products which should not be used on their own.
- Only once the prescribed colourant is added to the specific tint base will the finished product comply with the technical features and related information as set out in this TDS.
- The calculated max VOC compliance < 16g/L is only applicable to product tinted from pastel base excluding clear base.
Colourant to be used:
Prominent colourants are Lead Free specifically formulated for use with Prominent Pro-Matic tinting system. ICC colourant which are lead free, using only Prominent supported formulations on Largo 2000.
Controlled White Tint Base and Clear Tint Base.