- Durable: Long life external coating.
- UV resistant: Inorganic colour-fast pigments.
- Weather resistant: Allows the wall to breathe and handle extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Minor plaster cracks: Hides plaster cracks which may develop underneath the applied coating.
- Interior and exterior walls for hiding plaster defects, minor cracks on correctly prepared and primed concrete, plaster, dry walls, rhino boards, fibre cement, chip board, supawood, facia boards, masonite and similar material.
- Interior and exterior walls as a decorative finish.
- Ideal for buildings where extensive scaffolding is required thus requiring coating with a long life.
- Mixing: Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use
- Trowel (Apply with a steel trowel and work to required effect with plastic trowel).
- Ready for use with a rigid steel trowel.
- Load small quantities of Prominent Ripple Trowel-On onto a mortar board for easy use.
- Spread the material evenly over the prepared and primed surface to be coated with a film thickness of approximately 2.4mm.
- Allow the Prominent Trowel-On application to set for 10 minutes before polishing up with a plastic trowel; vertically for walls (up and down motion), or in circular motions for ceilings depending on the type of pattern that is required.
- Always keep tools clean for best application results.
Thinning: Not recommended.
Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with tap water.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10: 00 and 16: 00.
Surface dry: 4-6 hours, Hard dry: 12-24 hours.
Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
One coat system, but if needed to recoat due to touch-ups recoat with Prominent Ripple Trowel-On from corner to corner after 24 hours.
Requirements: One coat system.
- One coat Prominent Dampcure.
Concrete wall surfaces:
- Concrete surfaces must be free from release agents.
- Remove releasing agent with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner and allow drying before priming with Prominent Dampcure.
- Sand surface to matt finish, dust off and apply directly.
- Sand surface to matt finish, dust off and apply Prominent Universal Undercoat, allow to dry and then apply.
Chalky or Lime washed surfaces:
- Remove chalkiness with high-pressure water at 180 Bar water pressure and rotating nozzle or with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1: 10 with water.
- While still wet abrade with abrasive pad, flush with water and allow to dry. Apply one coat Prominent Dampcure thinned down with 20% ProGold Mineral Turpentine.
Paint in poor condition:
- Remove and treat as new work.
- Specialist applicators required.
- Touch-ups not possible. The section needs to be recoated from corner to corner after 24 hours of the first trowel-on layer.
- For a highly washable and scrubbable finish, overcoat with a flexible paint e.g. Prominent Premium Satin or Prominent Premium Sheen.
- Cannot handle structural movement.
- The application to unsound, friable or powdery surfaces (new or old) is not recommended.
- Do not apply to floors.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.