DAMP is evident with the presence of unwanted moisture in the structure of a wall, and is the result of either intrusion from the outside or condensation from within the structure.
- Leaking roofs
- Defects in and around chimneys
- Defects in gutters and down pipes
- Penetrating dampness through walls, around windows, window sills, parapet walls and cracks in plaster
- Rising damp
- Groundwater and capillary movement
- Leaking pipes
- Painting over damp areas without fixing the problem is a fruitless exercise.
- It is advisable to consult your Prominent Paints distributor or Prominent Paints technical department for the correct advice to resolve the damp problem before proceeding with the painting process